Terms and conditions
The Mirabaud Sailing Video Award (Sailing Video Award) is organised and managed by MaxComm Communication sàrl, 42 Quai Gustave Ador, 1207 Geneva. Tel +41 22 735 55 30. Email: email@example.com
- You must supply full details as required by the registration form, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prize(s). No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
- As submissions are received, Sailing Video Award will check all entries for eligibility and suitability of content before posting. Once posted, participants may share their entry and encourage their network to participate in the online vote for the ‘Public vote winner’.
- Sailing Video Award does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries. Proof of sending/ submission is not proof of receipt.
- The Jury's decision is final in every situation.
- If a winning entrant is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made to do so, Sailing Video Award reserves the right to offer the prize to the next best entry.
- Winning entrants agree to send their video (not only URL) to Sailing Video Award.
- Sailing Video Award reserves the right not to select a winner or winners if entries received are judged to be of insufficient quality.
- Any attempt by a participant to influence the result or subvert the contest will lead to immediate disqualification.
- Sailing Video Award reserves the right to modify or cancel the contest or any of the arrangements, schedules, plans or other items directly or indirectly related to the competition, at any time and for any reason if deemed necessary in its opinion.
- You waive all claims against Sailing Video Award, its personnel and agents arising out of any oral or written publication or republication of any statement made in connection with the present contest, your person or your video entry.
- You agree to indemnify and hold Sailing Video Award, its personnel and agents, harmless from any third party claims for loss, damage, prejudice, liability or expense suffered as a result of or in any manner in connection with your video entry, any other of your acts or omissions or any information which you provided.
- Participants declare that the work submitted is an original work and does not infringe any third party’s rights such as copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets including musical composition or performance rights, video rights or image rights.
- Furthermore, all visible participants in the video have acknowledged the present terms and conditions and consented to the video being displayed and broadcasted publicly. In case minors are visible, their parents must have acknowledged the present terms and conditions and agreed to their children appearing in the video.
- Authors grant the contest organizer Sailing Video Award a non-exclusive, free-of-charge, perpetual, worldwide licence to:
- store, use and re-use the video, in whole or in part;
- distribute copies and cause the distribution of the video for promotional purposes;
- display and broadcast the video publicly;
- communicate the video to the public by any means including but not limited to telecommunication, by electronic publication, by press information services, by downloadable and non-downloadable files, by communication with computer terminals; by sending of messages and wire service, by electronic and non- electronic publications; or by any other media of expression now known or later developed;
- transfer to another environment (hardware, software, computer electronic, Web, multimedia or other);
- Sailing Video Award is permitted to authorise its employees and contractors to exercise on its behalf the foregoing rights.
- The video submitted for the contest, together with all the rights pertaining to it – including, where applicable, copyright, image rights, video rights and any other intellectual property right – is under the control of the Author whose rights are valid and legally existing, and Sailing Video Award does not acquire any ownership rights in the Work.
- The exercise of the rights granted to Sailing Video Award hereunder is subject to the display by the Organizer of the following notice in due acknowledgement of the Author: © Author, Year
- The participants bear the sole liability in case of claim relating to their activities carried out in the framework of the contest.
The exercise of the rights granted hereunder shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Geneva, Switzerland. An appeal to the Federal Court, however, are reserved.