Dear TV production agencies, cameramen, directors, editors…
The Mirabaud Sailing Video Award is underway and we encourage you to send your best sailing video clip (produced since November 1, 2016) before October 30, 2017.
The purpose of the event is to honor the best sailing videos produced each year and their authors.
The winners will be determined by an international jury, on the following criteria:
- General appreciation
- Quality of the production
- Technical difficulty
Members of the international jury are:
- Denis Harvey (NZL), TV producer of the America’s Cup
- Gary Jobson (USA), TV commentator and vice-President of World Sailing
- Nicolas Mirabaud (SUI), Member of the Executive Committee, Mirabaud & Cie SA
- Melissa Payne (UK), Vice President, IMG
- Pierre-Yves Lautrou (FRA), journalist
- Dick Enersen (USA), founder of Offshore Productions
- Matthew Sheahan (UK), Sunset + Vine, Head of performance sailing and Producer of the World Sailing Show
The winners will be celebrated during the Yacht Racing Forum (Aarhus, Denmark, November 27-28), in front of the sports’ leading personalities, events, classes, sailors, yacht clubs, designers, sponsors… Participants will be granted free access to the Forum.
The winner of the main prize - the Mirabaud Sailing Video Award - will receive a prestigious wall clock offered by our partner Hublot, alongside prize-money.
The public will be asked to vote for the « Public Award ».
The jury will vote separately for the « Special prize of the Jury », awarded to the best professional sailor’s video.
Finally, note the following:
- Duration of the video: 1’30 (max)
- Copyright free soundtrack